Sunday 24 June 2007

The Deep Bass Note of Worship

My first pastor used to have a mysterious saying regarding corporate worship. He used to say that there was a "deep bass note" running through the worship of God's people that not everyone can hear. But once the Spirit of God has come down upon the worshipper, you know it is there. You may not understand that comment unless you have experienced it.

I am not a worship leader. I'm not a theologian. I am not really a musician (although I used to play the clarinet). But I am striving to be a worshipper. I've been in really bad corporate settings where I could literally sense the fluttering of the wings of the Spirit as He left. But I've also been in really good corporate settings where the air grows heavy with the anointing cloud of the Holy Spirit and I can feel Him settle down and feel His pleasure.

The aim of this blog is simple. I'm not going to write much - I am simply going to use it to host resources, video clips, songs and anything else I can lay my hands on that raise the bar of our expectations of worship so that the people of God start to come into the Church expecting to see the cloud of glory hovering above them again.

No comments: